AGILE E-Form- Highlights
AGILE- Application for Registration of the Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN), Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) registration and Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) registration.
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has notified an E-form known as AGILE – Application for Registration of the Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN), Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) registration and Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) registration.
This form covers three key registrations which are required for business –GSTIN, EPFO, and ESIC. By filing the AGILE E-form together with the SPICE incorporation form, companies would be enrolled automatically for GST, EPFO, and ESIC in one shot.
The effective dates for the purpose of applying for registrations via E-form AGILE are :
- GSTIN: 31st March 2019
- EPFO: 8th April 2019
- ESIC: 15th April 2019
GSTIN Application via E-form AGILE
While incorporating a company users can apply for GSTIM through this form, which is available with SPICe e-form. This is compulsory for all companies incorporating through SPICEe application.
Other applicants such as Tax Deductor, Casual Taxable person, Tax Collector, ISD registration, SEZ Registration, etc., shall follow the current registration process through the Common Portal for GST registration.
Mandatory to file INC-35 while submitting SPICe form
With effect from March 31st, 2019, it’s mandatory to file SPICe for company incorporation which would be accompanied by a linked E-form AGILE (INC-35). Further, the proposed company’s registered office as provided in SPICe would be the principal place of business for the GST application. One has to select the same state and district in the AGILE E-form in which the proposed company’s registered office exist i.e., one needs to enter the same state and district as provided in the SPICe form.
Details of Proposed Directors in AGILE E-Form
The details of the company’s proposed directors to be provided in the AGILE E-form would depend on the category or sub-category, class entered in the SPICe e-form. The number of directors would be:
In the case of One person companies (OPC) – 1
In case of Private limited companies-2
For Public limited companies, and -3
In the case of Producer companies – 5
Signing the AGILE E-form
The AGILE e-form need to be signed by the same director who have signed the SPICe form.
Particulars required to be provided in the AGILE E-form
- The details of the jurisdiction.
- Details of possession and lease of business premises.
- The reason for availing registration.
- Details of goods and services provided.
- Nature of business performed on the premises.
- The option for choosing for or against the composition levy.
- Details of the directors and primary owners/office bearers.
- Details of the employers.
Apart from providing these details, the form should also include as an attachment any of the documents mentioned below:
- Letter of authorization (LOA).
- Resolution copy passed by the BoD /Managing Committee together with the Acceptance Letter.
Key highlights of the AGILE E-form
- The AGILE E-form is a mandatory form to be filed with the SPICe form, and both the forms would be uploaded together.
- It’s not mandatory to register at the time of company incorporation. In other words, AGILE E-Form is mandatory but registration is optional at the time of company incorporation.
- The AGILE E-Form is also referred to as Form INC-35.
- All 3 Registrations – GSTIN, EPFO, and ESCI or any of them could be taken through the AGILE E-form. If an applicant wishes to choose only the GST Registration, he can select GST alone in the form.
- New GST registration under both the normal taxpayer as well as under composition can be applied via this form.
The AGILE form will definitely help and improve a long way with respect to different registrations along with the incorporation of companies, like GST, EPF, ESI. So this will provide as a single window clearance in incorporating companies.