1. ____________ allocates saving efficiently in an economy to ultimate userseither for investment in real assets or for consumption.
A. Economic system
B. Banking system
C. Financial system
D. Market system
ANS: C.Financial system
2. Which of the following is not a regulatory institution in Indian financial system?
3. _____________ is regarded as a queen of Indian financial system.
C. Finance Ministry
4. National Housing bank is a fully owned subsidiary of___________.
5. Financial institutions are also known as ______________.
A. Financial organization
B. Financial intermediaries
C. Financial system
D. Any of the above
ANS: B.Financial intermediaries
6. ____________is the first development financial institution in India.
7. IDBI was established in ____________.
8. ______________is an apex institution to coordinate, supplement and integrate the activities of allexisting specialized financial institutions.
9. Which of the following is not an asset held by Commercial Banks?
A. Bills of Exchange
B. Current Account Deposits
C. Money Lent at short Notice
D. Credit Balances with the Reserve Bank
ANS: B.Current Account Deposits
10. Which of the following combinations is correct?
A. NABARD——–Industrial Loan
B. RBI—————Long term Finance
C. RRB—————Agriculture Finance
D. IDBI—————Short Term Loans
ANS: C.RRB—————Agriculture Finance
11. Which of the following is not an organized sector in India?
A. Nationalized Banks
B. Regional Rural Banks
C. Cooperative Banks
D. Chits and Money lenders
ANS: D.Chits and Money lenders
12. In which year was the Banking Regulation Act passed?
13. When did the National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development establish?
A. July, 1982
B. July, 1969
C. June, 1951
D. June, 1961
ANS: A.July, 1982
14. Which of the following is the apex institution which handles refinance for agriculture and ruraldevelopment in India?
15. At which of the following cities is the Head Office of Reserve Bank of India located?
B. New Delhi
16. “Scheduled bank” in India means a bank _____.
A. Incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956
B. Authorized to the Banking business
C. Governed by the Banking Regulation Act, 1949
D. Included in the Second schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act 1934
ANS: D.Included in the Second schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act 1934
17. Which is the largest commercial bank in India?
A. Bank of India
B. Axis Bank
C. State Bank of India
ANS: C.State Bank of India
18. Co-operative Societies Act was enacted in which year?
19. With whom does the ownership of Public sector banks rest?
A. Government of India
B. Jointly with Government of India and share-holders from the public
C. Jointly with Government of India and State Bank of India
D. Jointly with Government of India and Reserve Bank of India
ANS: A.Government of India
20. In which year was the Bank of Maharashtra established?
21. Urban Cooperative Banks are also called as?
A. Short-term co-operatives
B. Secondary Cooperative Banks
C. Primary Cooperative Banks
D. Long-term co-operatives
ANS: C.Primary Cooperative Banks
22. What is the full-form of NBFC?
A. Non-Bank Financial Competition
B. Non-Bank Foreign Company
C. Non-Banking Financial Company
D. Non-Banking Finance Corporation
ANS: C.Non-Banking Financial Company
23. Who insures banks in India?
24. How many developments banks are there in India?
25. A bank is a financial intermediary because
A. it acts as the broker between depositor and borrower
B. it acts as the link between the savers and the borrowers
C. it is in the finance industry
D. it is in the intermediary industry
ANS: B.it acts as the link between the savers and the borrowers