1. RBI has increased the limit for contactless card transactions from Rs 2,000 to __________________ to boost digital payment which becomes effective from January 1, 2021.
Answer: Rs 5,000
This limit is also applicable for e-mandates for recurring transactions through cards.
2. ICICI Bank has launched new version of its mobile payment app to offer payment and banking services to customers of any bank. What is the name of new application?
Answer: iMobile Pay
3. Which banking company has rolled out India’s first diversified REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) Mutual Fund?
Answer: Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company (Kotak Mutual Fund)
4. Punjab National Bank (PNB) has rolled out loan management tech-solution titled ________________ to speed up online loan processing and sanctioning of credit proposals with accuracy.
Answer: LenS-The Lending Solution
5. Which stock exchange has rolled out electronic spot platform, BEAM, for agricultural commodities?
Answer: Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE): BSE E-Agricultural Markets Ltd (BEAM)
6. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will set up an Automated Banknote Processing Centre (ABPC) in ________________ for receipt, storage, and dispatch of currency notes.
7. Department of Posts and India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has unveiled a new digital payment app “____________” for promoting digital payment and financial inclusion.
8. The FM Nirmala Sitharaman has chaired the _______________ meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council.
The FCDC took stock of macroeconomic developments and financial stability issues, both global and domestic.
9. Government of India and which global agency has signed $400 million loan agreement to support India’s social assistance effort directed towards the poor and vulnerable households severely impacted by COVID-19?
Answer: World Bank
This is the 2nd operation in a programmatic series of two, where first operation of $750 million was approved in May 2020. This credit is from International Development Association of World Bank.
10. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved re-appointment of ________________ as Managing Director of Kotak Mahindra Bank for a further tenure of 3 years, with effect from January 1, 2021.
Answer: Uday Kotak
11. Govrnment of India has signed a ______________ loan agreement with New Development Bank to support Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan through MGNREGA Scheme.
Answer: $1 billion
12. Which Bank in collaboration with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched contactless debit card titled ‘RuPay Select’?
Answer: Central Bank of India
13. NITI Aayog’s CEO Amitabh Kant has virtually launched India’s first digital asset management platform titled as _____________.
14. Which Bank has rolled out an online platform titled as ‘Infinite India’ supporting foreign companies to establish or expand business in India?
Answer: ICICI Bank
15. Central Government and which global agency has signed a USD 500 million loan agreement to build safe and green national highway corridors in Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, UP and Andhra Pradesh?
Answer: World Bank
Green National Highways Corridors Project will support Road Transport and Highways Ministry to construct 783 km of highways.
16. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the banking license of which Local Area bank with effect from December 24, 2020 as the bank had breached the minimum net worth requirement for 2 quarters in 2019-20?
Answer: Subhadra Local Area Bank, Kolhapur, Maharashtra
17. Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has introduced new rule that mandates businesses with monthly turnover of over _____________to pay at least 1% of their GST liability in cash instead of using input tax credits.
Answer: ₹50 lakh
CBIC introduced Rule 86B in GST rules that restricts use of input tax credit (ITC) for discharging GST liability to 99%.
18. The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has recently declared “________________” as the winner of the United Nations Investment Promotion Award, 2020.
Answer: Invest India
The award recognizes outstanding achievements of Investment Promotion Agencies spread all over the world. Around 180 such agencies were shortlisted for the award in 2020.
19. Who has become the first Indian to win the 2020 Global Teacher Prize, carries prize money of $1 million?
Answer: Ranjitsinh Disale
Mr Disale is a government teacher from Zilla Parishad Primary School, in Paritewadi village, Solapur district of Maharashtra.
20. Who has topped the list of wealthiest women in India, released by the 2nd edition of ‘Kotak Wealth Hurun–Leading Wealthy Women’ report?
Answer: Chairperson of HCL Technologies, Roshni Nadar Malhotra
21. Which entity has won prestigious International ‘King Bhumibol World Soil Day Award’ for 2020 on World Soil Day?
Answer: Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
ICAR has been conferred for its commitment to raise awareness about healthy soil addressing soil erosion under motto ‘Stop soil erosion, save our future’, taken in 2019. Award is presented by Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
22. Writer, chief editor of ‘The Indian Express’, Raj Kamal Jha has won Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize 2020 for his book, _________________________________.
Answer: The City and the Sea
23. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has been ranked ____________in the Forbes 2020 list of ‘The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women’.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has been topped for the 10th year in a row, followed by European Central Bank head Christine Lagarde and US Vice President Kamala Harris.
24. Brazilian mathematician, _________________ has been conferred with ‘2020 Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians’ for her significant work in algebraic geometry.
Answer: Carolina Araujo
25. Who has been declared as the winner of the ‘Social Entrepreneur of the Year (SEOY) Award – India 2020’, which was presented by the Union Minister of Women & Child Development & Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani?
Answer: Ashraf Patel