1. Which state government has unveiled an e-governance portal named ‘Farmer Registration and Unified beneficiary Information System (FRUITS)’, for the benefit of the farmers of the state?
2. Union Minister Harsh Vardhan has inaugurated first dedicated meteorological center in which Union Territories?
Ladakh’s Meteorological Centre. Indian Meteorological Department will have four Automatic Weather Stations (AWS) operating in Leh, Kargil, Drass and Stakna.
3. Which state assembly has passed a bill to abolish all state-run Madrasas by converting them to general schools?
4. Bihar CM Secretariat, Disaster Management Dept, and Bihar National Informatics Centre (NIC) have jointly conferred as winners under which category of Digital India Awards 2020?
Answer: Pandemic Category
Bihar has bagged the award for its departments initiative to transfer financial assistance directly to the accounts of beneficiaries during the COVID-19 pandemic.
5. Which country has imposed ‘millionaire tax’ on about 12,000 of the country’s richest people to fund its coronavirus countermeasures?
6. Which country has become the first nation to approve ‘Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine’ for vaccination use?
American pharmaceutical giant Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech concluded phase 3 of Covid-19 vaccine meeting all primary efficacy endpoints.
7. Facebook-backed cryptocurrency Libra has been rebranded and renamed as “___________” to gain regulatory approval by emphasising that the project has “organisational independence”.
Answer: Diem. Diem is a Latin term meaning “day”.
8. Which country has recently announced to establish Friendship association with India? This will the first of such initiative in West Asia.
9. India and the United States recently signed the Memorandum of Understanding on ____________________________.
Answer: Intellectual Property Cooperation
The agreement was signed between the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
10. The National Academy of Sciences has recently found that the microwave radiation is the major cause of the mysterious neurological illness called _______________ which started to infect the American diplomats and intelligence officials located in China, Cuba and other countries for more than four years now.
Answer: Havana Syndrome
11. Which country has become 2nd nation in the world to unfurl its national flag on moon’s surface, prior to which only US has unfurled its flag on the Moon during Apollo mission in 1969?
12. World’s highest mountain peak ‘Mount Everest’ has become taller by _______________, as per a survey conducted jointly by Nepal and China.
Answer: 86 cm
13. World Economic Forum (WEF) has decided to host its 2021 annual meeting in ____________ due to COVID-19 from 13-16 May 2021, which was earlier scheduled to take place in Lucerne-Burgenstock, Switzerland.
14. Who have been jointly named as Time Magazine’s 2020 Person of the Year?
Answer: US President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris
Korean pop group BTS has been named as Entertainer of the Year and basketball star LeBron James as Athlete of the Year.
15. Asian Development Bank (ADB) has launched Asia Pacific Vaccine Access Facility (APVAX) for its developing member countries to offer rapid and equitable financial support for vaccines procurement. What is the total cost allocated for APVAX?
Answer: $ 9 Billion